samedi 2 juin 2012

O.P.I Gargantuan Green Grape...

More like minty/Apple-y actually... Grape doesn't actually look that way here in France but I do love the name of it, don't you? 

I ordered this nail polish together with a few others on mbeautylounge.com on May 5th and received my order on May 29th so that's about 3 weeks if you don't count all the May bank holidays that we had this year. 

I paid 5.70$ for this O.P.I nail polish so I really couldn't not get it as in France, O.P.I polishes cost more than 15€ each!



After putting the first coat on my nail, I wasn't really convinced by this shade and a bit disappointed. It looked very sheer when I thought it was opaque and a lot more creamy. I kept applying it though and after the 3rd coat -even though I hate polishes that need more than 2 coats to look opaque on the nail - I actually started loving the color. 


I also wanted to try my White Polka Dot polish by Nubar so I put one coat on my middle finger nail but I am now remembering that I actually bought this polish to put on my darker nail polishes. 



Here are the product that I used to do my Gargantuan Green Grape nails. I absolutely love the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat, it does dry your nail nearly instantly!

My overall opinion on this O.P.I shade: After 3 coats, the color looks really great and I really love it. Though I really don't like, as I already said, polishes that need 3 coats to look opaque on my nails. But I think I can live with that cause the color looks amazing.

I would also love to try Navigate Her by Essie and Hey! Get in Lime by O.P.I as I would love to have a greener polish than this one to actually go with my new ballerina shoes.


Well, looking at it now, Gargantuan Green Grape isn't such a bad match :]

8 commentaires:

  1. omg, you are making me jealous with all these opi polishes :D:D

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Awww love it chica! That polish is pretty! O.P.I. is expensive here, too. Have you looked on Ebay? I might go try it :) But I'm loving that color. :D:D

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Cute! I have been on a nail polish kick lately, too. We should do a beauty swap sometime after my move :) Miss you, girlie!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You have received the Liebster Blog award :D Check it out here :)
    http://littlecornerofmyworld.blogspot.it/2012/07/liebster-blog.html

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hi,
    I don't know if you remember me.. we had a blog swap together a couple of months ago. I am writing you because I read you are a journalist too! That's really cool! I write for an English blog and some Italian ones, as well as for on-line newspapers.
    I just wanted to let you know I posted some articles in English, so if you want to stop by, you will be able to read something ;)
    kriziainhappyland.blogpspot.it

    Have a nice day,
    Krizia

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs

    www.facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    Instangram @pathyamorinha

    RépondreSupprimer