jeudi 13 octobre 2011

Thursday's music - Album #01

I have decided to create a new section in my Blog and share music that I like with you on every Thursday. I have always loved listening to music (and playing it as well but that's one of my secret) and as far as I can remember, I have always had music punctuating every step of my life. Every memory of my life, good or bad, is linked to a special song or artist and every time I hear this special sound or voice, the memory comes back to me.

So let's start with the first episode of "Thursday's music"... Today, I want to share with you a very special album which was released last week by a very special band that I have loved for years.


Here you have the cover of Jack's Mannequin new album: "People and Things" // Has anybody listened to their new album? No disappointment on my part, this album is as good as the previous one and maybe even better. I discovered Jack's Mannequin in One Tree Hill a few years ago when their song "The Mixed Tape" was featured in one of the episodes in Season 3 and I completely fell in love with Andrew McMahon's voice.

If you don't know or have never heard any music by Jack's Mannequin, here is an extract of their new album which totally reflects their greatness when it comes to music...



If like me, you love their music, you can find all their music on iTunes by following this link: Jack's Mannequin - Music.

Like I said before, every memory of my life is linked to some special music - well, Jack's mannequin does bring lots of memory back to life, especially the beginning of 2008 - me, my car and the ocean in La Rochelle and later that year it was me, my car and Luxembourg... and it also makes me think of 2 special persons, one of them has often been sat next to me in my car while listening to Jack's mannequin's music and the other one, who will hopefully recognize herself is a dear friend of mine who also share the love that I have for this awesome band. Jack's mannequin only brings back good memories to me!

I hope you enjoyed this first episode of "Thursday's music". If you have any artist or album you would like to be featured in this section, do not hesitate to message me or leave a comment on this post. I'll be in touch ;)

5 commentaires:

  1. :D TWINNY! I am in love with your post and the idea of seeing music related posts from you every Thursday. :)

    I would like to see you make a post about Lifehouse one day maybe, though I know they haven't released anything new in a while. :)

    Maybe you could write more about the memories you made that include Jack's Mannequin in your next letter to me. I'd like to know everything you are willing to share with me, my lovely twin. :)

    I <3 you so much! You're my forever twin. <3333333

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. <3 Well I am glad you liked that post my TWINNY.

    Lifehouse is a great idea as it doesn't have to be anything new, I want to post about every band/artist who has a place in my life so Lifehouse definitely has its place in my Thursday's music section // I am actually listening to "It is what it is".

    I can tell you everything about my memories that include Jack's Mannequin but it might end up being nothing about Jack's mannequin anymore but more about that special person :)

    I love you too my forever twin <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. "It is what it is" always reminds me of you. <3 I still remember our letters when we were talking about Lifehouse quite often. xD

    I would LOVE to hear all about those memories, no matter if it's about Jack's or not. :) Anything you want to share with me will be kept forever in my heart. <333333

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. That's a great idea! I am looking forward more posts of this kind. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks Nina :) I have already found next week's album, I hope you'll enjoy it!

    RépondreSupprimer